I had the idea and a few scenes / props with autumn leaves and i thought I'd be able to morph one of those to look like a dress being blown apart. I couldn't! So I looked at the individual leaves and realised they were simply a square with a square UV map. So off I went to blender, created a square, loaded an old dress prop as a guide and started to duplicate, position, duplicate... Well I filled the hem before I finally concluded that even with mirroring this was going to be a mammoth task! So I looked at arrays but nothing would do what I needed and then I had an inspiration, particles! I set up the dress as an emitter and then added a particle instance modifier to my single (already UV Mapped) square and hey presto, a bit of fiddling and I had a dress covered in "leaves". I used the random face select to choose 1/6th of the faces, added them to a material, hid them and then selected one fifth of the remainder, another material.. When all six mats were assigned I added a random selection of faces to a vertex group, hid those, selected some more... until I had all the faces in one of these groups. I then joined the new object to the dress and exported. For Ivy I just set all the leaves as soft decoration, but for Hazel I added a couple of the groups to dynamic, added a wind force and simmed! All in all I think it worked quite well!